STOP HOMEWORK HEADACHES BEFORE THEY START!
Don’t let homework be the worst part of learning — get homework success strategies with Inspired Learning personalized Homework Tutoring programs and turn homework stress into homework success!
Subjects I Teach
Whether your child finds math too challenging, or whether your child is not being challenged enough, Oxford Learning’s personalized math programs put an end to math frustration.
At Inspire Learning, I’ve created math tutoring programs for primary school age. I know that every child learns differently
English is the most important topic students learn in school. It’s the foundation for all learning and is used in every subject (including other languages). Strong English comprehension skills are used every day, both in and out of school.
Nearly every student feels stressed and anxious when thinking about SATS -after all the results of these tests can determine a student’s future/ Combine that with the hours of preparation and studying it becomes clear that students nee a solid plan of action. Inspire Learnins customizes SATs and creates a clear study program for students that reduces stress and helps them achieve the highest score possible. Studies into summer learning show that students who participate in summer learning programs have an academic advantage., they are ahead in reading, maths and are ready for the school year.
When the classroom isn’t providing enough of a challenge, Inspire Learning’s enrichment program can help. My customized programs are designed to meet each child’s unique needs and programs pace that students find comfortable -never too fast or too slow.
USING COGNITIVE LEARNING IN SCHOOL
At Inspire Learning your child will be taught cognitive learning strategies to better focus on meaningful learning. Rather than relying on quick learning styles like memorization and repetition, our tutors teach students the fundamentals of lifelong learning. Your child will learn strategies and skills that will help him or her move towards better grades in school.
Cognitive learning strategies include:
- Encouraging active discussion about what is being taught
- Guiding students to explore and understand how ideas are connected
- Ensuring students are able to justify and explain their thinking
- Using visuals and learning tools to improve students’ understanding and recall
- Having students reflect on their learning experience
- Helping students find new or alternative solutions to problems
How does cognitive learning help?
Cognitive learning helps students learn effectively and ensures that the concepts learned are understood, instead of being temporarily memorized. With this learning style, your child will have a stronger and longer-lasting understanding of educational concepts in subjects such as math, English, science and French.
Cognitive skills are what separate the good learners from the so-so learners. Without developed cognitive skills, children fall behind because they aren’t able to integrate new information as they are taught it. Realistically, most students move on to the next grade before they have mastered the basic academic skills.
COGNITIVE LEARNING HELPS BY:
- Finding the most effective way for your child to learn—whether he or she is a visual learner, auditory learner, kinaesthetic learner, or otherwise.
- Teaching your child how to take a “big picture” approach to learning in order to understand how smaller thoughts fit into larger ideas.
- Helping your child retain and apply new concepts successfully and with ease.